MOVIE: THE EQUALIZER –
Analysis: Denzel Washington’s Character, Robert McCall
Catalyst Rating: 95%
I watched this movie and I wasn’t just entertained, I got some learning points that I think you can benefit from.
1. Never Let Evil Win: Robert McCall believed that he has put his mysterious past behind him and dedicated himself to beginning a new, quiet life. But when he meets a helpless young girl under the control of ultra-violent Russian gangsters, he couldn’t stand idly by – he had to help her.
They say that “Greater evil is when good men stand aside, watch and do nothing while bad men perpetrate evil”
So Let us all stand up against evil and fight for good in our sphere of influence in our own way
2. Be Excellent in ALL You Do: Robert McCall also had the Spirit of Excellence. Everything he did, he did it with Excellence. He was Non-Compromising, Committed, Dedicated, Calculated, Purposeful and Focused ALWAYS
3. Engage Your Total Being: He Engaged his Whole Spirit, Soul, Mind, Intuition (Inner man), and Body (Outer man) TOGETHER ALWAYS. He Activated and Used his Inner Power ALWAYS
He understood the relationship between TIME and ACTION
He TIMED every ACTION he took
4. Be the Best but Never Lose your Compassion: He was the Best at what he did ALWAYS. He was Kind, Empathic and Compassionate . He had EMOTIONAL AND SPIRITUAL INTELLIGENCE
SO; Whatever you find your hands doing; Do it Very Well
5. Master TIME and take ACTION
Till I see another interesting and insightful movie,
The Catalyst, Lanre Olusola