Stress is your body’s response to its environmental interpretations, perceptions and beliefs.
The response can both good and bad.
When people feel stressed by something going on around them, their bodies react by releasing chemicals into the blood.
These chemicals give people more energy and strength, which can be a good thing if their stress is caused by physical danger.
But this can also be a bad thing, if the stress is in response to something emotional and there is no outlet for this extra energy and strength.
The biggest problem here is IF the response is Negative and Sustained over Extended Periods.
Your Body, Mind and Spirit will be Stretched I.e STRESSED and Eventually Break down.
During a lecture on stress Mastery, the Lecturer raised a glass of water and asked the audience, “How heavy do you think this glass of water is?”
The students’ answers ranged from 20g to 500gm.
“The initial weight matters not. The absolute weight depends on how long you hold it for”
“If you hold it for a minute, it’s Ok.
Its the same thing with Stress…
“If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, we’ll not be
able to carry on any longer, the burden becomes increasingly heavier.”
“What you have to do is to put the glass down, rest for a while before holding it up again.”
Likewise you have to put down the burden periodically, so that we can be refreshed and are able to carry on.
So before the end of today, put that burden down. You may be surprised that, the burden takes care of itself if you totally actually decide not to carry it up again.
95% of Disease is Caused by Stress and 100% of Stress is caused by a Wrong Belief”
Your Belief/Perception of a Situation is the Source of your Stress and Your Stress level or how long you Have Carried that Belief/Stress for is the Cause of 95% of the Dis-Ease in your Body.
“Come Unto me all ye that Labour and are Burdened Cast ALL your Burdens upon me and Take up my Yoke for its easy and my burden is Light”.
Spending all your time focusing on your stress only makes it grow and eventually heavier.
This Leads to Various Health Issues such as:
Heart and Vascular Problems, Palpitations, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, weight issues, diabetes, chronic pain, arthritis, Joint problems, Ibs, Loss of Libido, Erectile dysfunction, chronic Depression, Migraines, organ dysfunction, immunity issues etc
“80-90% of health challenges are preventable andd accounts for approximately 90% of healthcare costs, on individuals, organizations and nations, while about 95% of this is stress-related”
Practical Steps to Quick Stress Mastery:
* Identify your Stressors.
* Identify the things you are in control of and can realistically and immediately do to remove your stressors.
* Ask what do I need 2 change or slightly tweak about my perception I.e the way i see this particular situation posing as stress to me ?
“The way you see the problem is the problem”
“you cannot solve a problem at the same level of thinking and reasoning that created it”
~ Albert Einstein
* Begin to Say “no” to events/situations that take a lot of your time/energy/resources and Overwhelm you
* Moderate or downsize your living situation I.e your Lifestyle
One of the Top Stressors Today is Work. Especially Time Spent at Work.
Some of the other Top Stressors are Money and Relationship.
Let me Focus on the Work Stressor this Morning:
* Ask yourself: Do I really have to work so many hours?
No 1: De-Stress Magic Pill.
There is a De-Stress magic pill that can instantly change your perception in the midst of stress!
“Change your Physiology”
According to a 2008 study in International Journal of Workplace Health Management, over 70 percent of employees at one company said that on “exercise days” they experienced improved mental and interpersonal relationship performance and better overall mood and managed their workload better.
The No 1, De-Stress magic pill I recomend is regular exercise!
Start with developing a healthy habit as simple as 10 minutes exercise early in the Morning at least for starters 3 times a week.
Or on heavy work days.
This will help you manage your job stress better and also to drop that extra weight.
At least you can do this NOW and Immediately and most Importantly you’re in Control.
You don’t Even have to join the Gym.
You can begin with simple exercises using your body weight.
Exercises such as: Walking, Power walking, Jogging, Skipping, Press ups, Sit up, Lunges, Squats, etc.
No 2: De-Stress magic pill
“Change your Thinking”
“As a Man Thinketh in his Heart so is he”
“Man Becomes what He Thinks the Most”
“Negative thoughts is the No 1 Root Cause of Depression”
Little wonder the W.H.O Predicts that:
“Depression will be the 2nd Leading Killer Disease by 2020 and the Leading Killer Disease by 2030”
“Change your Thought; Change your Life”
Here is an 8-step process of changing your though patterns from Negative ; The No 1 Trigger of Negative moods & Feelings
“Remember that Black and White is Best”
“If you can Change your State; You can Change your Life”
1. Write down details of the situation that triggerd the negative thought.
2. Identify the Mood or Feeling Associated with that negative though. Note Its Exact Location, Nature and Effect.
3. Write down its immediate accomplice thought. I.e the accompanying distressing thoughts.
4. Identify the evidence that supports this negative thoughts.
5. Draw a line Vertically Beside the Negatives Dividing the page into 2 Equal halves and Write Down the Opposite, Positive of the Negative depressing thought. With its accompanying Mood and Feeling where its Located and Exactly what State it puts you in.
Also Write down its Accomplice. I.e the Accompanying Positive Empowering thought.
6. Ask yourself which Thought, Mood, Feeling and Mood is Best for you and your Day?
Write Down one Goal for Today.
Ask How will I Feel when I Achieve this Goal?
Then Align that Goal and Feeling with either of the Thoughts – I.e the Negative one or the Positive Opposite one.
Identify Which of the Thoughts will help you Achieve your Goals Faster.
Which would Keep you Happy and Feeling Good.
Ask yourself Do I Deserve to Feel Positive, Powerful, Happy and Fulfilled ?
7. Write Down a Statement of Affirmation in Line with your New Goal, New Positive Thought, New Energized Mood, New Happy Feeling and New Empowered State.
End your Affirmation With I Deserve to Experience this Positivity Always.
8. Stand up Chest out, chin up Looking into the Mirror IF Possible. And Read out the Affirmation to Yourself at Least 3 Times
Observe How you Now Feel !!!
If you’re Dealing with Chronic Stress
You will have to Come into our Stress Clinic for therapy.
Some of the Therapies we use are Tested and Proven Globally;